Summer

I have been completely absorbed in summer this year.  It has been a lovely year for raspberries, swimming, island visiting and art camp.  What a wonderful time of year to be alive in the Pacific Northwest  Today is total eclipse day and we used our strainer to see the pattern of the eclipse on the wall.  It is getting lighter as I write.

I wanted to share a small piece I created some time ago to capture the layers of color I see as I swim in Lake Whatcom.  I regularly swim in the lake, mostly enjoying the amazing water and scenery while backstroking through the water.  It brings me pleasure, comfort, solace and healing as I immerse myself in all that beauty.




This quilt is pieced with the fabric representing the layers of color one sees in and above the water.  I used some simple "stitch in the ditch" quilting, fun embroidery and few beaded fish to finish the small quilt.






The view from one of my favorite swimming spots at the end of the season 2016.  It is always hard to say goodbye to the lake but I carry the experience in my heart and in my quilted memories throughout the year.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts